Summertime between college years usually means one thing, internships. Although it’s the last time in your life where you get an actual summer break, you usually have to spend it the exact opposite way that you spent Summer in your earlier years: working hard. It’s a scary and exciting time in anyone’s life. Most of us having been there before, we wanted to provide some lucky students with an amazing experience.
Klout is happy to introduce our first ever summer internship class. They come from various backgrounds and all bring something unique to the table. They will be working on nuclear fusion, global warming and the national debt…and hopefully their Klout scores too. Check out the all star team below.
1. Joe Marrama My name is Joe, and I study CS at Stanford. Besides crushing code, I like to surf, ski, play guitar, and skate.
2. Andrés Gómez Emilsson I’m half Mexican half Icelandic, studying Symbolic Systems. I love philosophy, friendship and maths. I’m grateful there’s more than nothing.
3. David Woo David is a junior at Stanford University majoring in computer science. He enjoys playing badminton and watching pro Starcraft.
4. Calvin Tuong I’m a rising junior at Stanford majoring in computer science. Born and raised in San Francisco, I enjoy basketball, pool, and bowling.
5. Sumit More A curious & dexterous S/W engineer with experience in multiple domains & platforms, with a will to enhance my programming skills further.
6. David Dolben Stanford Men’s Rower, Guitarist, Skier, and Computer Enthusiast. Likes to get things done.
7. Praveen Bommanna Praveen is a grad student at Stanford and loves a good adventure – which is why he’s at Klout this summer! He also enjoys outdoorsy stuff.
8. Samantha Lee Born and raised in the Bay Area, I am now a rising sophomore at Colgate University in Hamilton, NY. My life outside of making things look pretty on Photoshop includes: consuming large amounts of bubble milk tea, watching Miyazaki films, and fulfilling my passion for volunteer service.
9. Charlie Vuong Charlie Vuong was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. He currently attends Stanford University, and he is majoring in Computer Science.
We had a great time chatting with you all yesterday and got a lot of requests to put some highlights together. So here you go and we’ll see you for the next #kloutchat on June 1st!
Now, we’re going to get to work putting your feedback into action. Thanks and let us know if you have any other comments!
Pulling marketers from Advertising Age’s Agency Family Trees 2010, we collected all the scores for the Agencies listed. Topping the list is R/GA, who we are proud to say is one of our partners, and they are one of the top digital agencies working with big names like Nike. Coming in a close second is Bartle Bogle Hegarty – a London based Advertising Agency who represents the great brands like Levi’s. Check out who else made it on the list.
1. R/GA: R/GA is a full-service digital agency that transforms the way people interact with brands. Tweets courtesy of @Chapinc. New York, NY
2. Bartle Bogle Hegarty: Marketing skunkworks | Innovation & new models for marketing & for creative businesses | Part of BBH | @melex @saneel @jeremyet NYC & London
3. Razorfish: Global agency; this account managed mostly by @eunmac @ktlamkin and @cathy_carl The digital world
4. Digitas: Worldwide
5. Kern Organization: Woodland Hills, CA
6. Huge: Global Digital Strategy, Design, Technology and Marketing Company. Headquartered in Brooklyn
7. TBWA Worldwide: Top 10 Global Advertising Agency. Creating Disruptive ideas for global clients through Media Arts. 274 offices, 100 countries
8. Ogilvy & Mather Advertising: Official twitter feed of Ogilvy & Mather, headquartered in New York. New York
9. Ogilvy Public Relations: News and views from Ogilvy PR, a global communications leader blending proven PR methodologies with cutting edge digital innovations. Headquartered in New York
10. McCann Erickson NY: We share the news and conversation for McCann Erickson New York. 622 Third Ave. NYC
When the scores were the same we went out two decimal places to determine the correct order. Questions or comments? Let us know!
Las Vegas is known as the Entertainment Capital of the World. Las Vegas Boulevard aka The Strip is always evolving to showcase some of the worlds best casino/hotels, restaurants, shows, shopping and dining. Vegas has something to offer everyone, whether you’re interested in a romantic getaway or a packed nightclub, you will find what you’re looking for and everything in between.
There are ads, campaigns and promoters encouraging tourists to check out Las Vegas all over the place. With roughly 30 million tourists visiting the city each year, hotels need to make sure they are doing everything they can to engage with the public so that people will choose to stay at their hotel over anyone else’s. Let’s take a look at which hotels are doing just that. Here is a list of Vegas Hotels with the most Klout.
1. The Palms Our celebrity following and hipster clientele have turned the Palms Casino Resort into one of Las Vegas’ most infamous destinations.
2. The Cosmopolitan [No Twitter Bio]
3. Luxor Follow the official Twitter stream for the Luxor Hotel & Casino for the best deals in Vegas, updates and chances to win cool prizes!
4. Caesars Palace Experience The Life You Were Meant to Live – only at Caesars Palace Las Vegas.
5. Aria AAA Five Diamond Award winning resort with 4,004 rooms, world-class restaurants, spa, fine art collection and designer shopping in the heart of Las Vegas.
6. Wynn A luxury resort in Las Vegas for you to enjoy. Offering award-winning rooms & suites, signature restaurants, exciting leisure activities & nightly entertainment
7. MGM Grand We create the Las Vegas resort/entertainment experience our guests have always imagined and will never forget.
8. Hard Rock The official Twitter page of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas
9. Venetian The Venetian Las Vegas was named Best Luxury Hotel for 2009-2010 by Thomas Cook.
10. Planet Hollywood Let There Be FAME! The official twitter stream of Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
This list proves its not all about how many followers you can attain. Although Wynn has accumulated a staggering amount of followers, around 380,000, by Twitter listing them as a Suggested User, they sill did not get the top spot. It is better to have a smaller amount of influential people engaging with you or your brand than a large amount of followers. All of these hotels are doing a great job reaching out to their fan base and each one has something unique to offer any local person, like myself, or traveler.
Disclosure: The Palms Las Vegas has worked with us in the past. The algorithm for determining Klout remains the same for all people/businesses etc. whether we have worked with them or not (and whether we like them or not).
In today’s world instead of sitting down with a paper we find often find our news through Twitter and social media. It’s become essential for media outlets to understand how best to leverage these platforms to spread their message. These top fifteen news outlets really understand how to drive action on social media. Number one is nhk_News in Japan – likely largely to do with the recent tragedy there sparking interest in that area. The second, @cnnbrk, was actually started by a CNN fan and later acquired by them.
Here’s the full list:
When the scores were the same we went down two decimal places to determine the correct order. Questions or comments? To learn more about how we score influence online check out “What is the Klout Score?” Let us know!
On February 17th, we hosted our first-ever #KloutChat to create an open dialogue between Klout and it’s many users, fans, critics, and those looking to learn more. It was a great success and we greatly enjoyed hearing everyone’s questions and thoughts.
#KloutChat will now be a regular event on the first Wednesday of every month. We’re aiming for 11AM PT / 2PM EST but we’ll be listening to feedback on that time if it doesn’t work for you.
Subject: Klout Perks
Wednesday, April 6th. 11AM PT / 2PM EST
Format: First, we’ll ask you some questions about what you’d like to see in Klout Perks, then we’ll open it up for your questions and do our best to answer all we can!
Bring all your questions and suggestions for us. We’ll see you on Twitter. Also, let us know what you’d like future #KloutChat subjects to be!
If you’re unfamiliar with Twitter chats, check out the article “What is a Twitter Tweet Chat?“
It’s always a special time of year when the SXSW Festival hits Austin, Texas every March. During the first part of the festival, this eastern Texas hotspot is flooded by geeks and tech nerds from around the world that come out to network, promote and most importantly have a good time.
This year was particularly exciting because individual companies pulled out all the stops and created their own personal venues within the festival itself. Such was the amazing Klout Krib that was nestled in the northern part of Austin.
Overlooking the downtown skyline of Austin the Klout Krib was one of the places not to be missed during SXSW Interactive. Hosted by San Francisco media-based company Klout, this lavish house was the perfect backdrop for many new media enthuisisists. On Saturday March 12th they hosted their Kloutup which included awesome music from Austin based band Audiorunner, free shoes from Heyday Footwear, awesome eats with recipes by Bitchin’ Kitchen‘s Nadia G. and more. The entire event was a nice break from the centrally located SXSW madness downtown.
Welcome to the wonderful world of SXSW Interactive – klout-style!
Darin Hager from Heyday Footwear was on site at the Klout Krib handing out free shoes to people as part of the Klout perks program.
Megan Berry from Klout enjoyed some yummy tex-mex brunch during the beginning of the event.
The new iPad2 stole the whole show at the SXSW Festival. Everyone was excited about its new built in camera functions.
Eggs, black beans, fresh salsa and tortillas were just some of the brunch selections during the Kloutup. A few of the recipes were designed by punk rock chef Nadia G. from Bitchin’ Kitchen.
Smiling happy geeks enjoyed the sunshine of the outdoors areas at the Klout Krib, which was decorated with awesome art like this original Frank Lloyd Wright sculpture.
Awesome yellow high heels worn by the wonderful punk rock chef Nadia G.
Dos Equis provided free tall cans of beer to the Klout Krib. There was so much that there was even some leftover!
Austin-based electronic musical group Audiorunner blew the crowd away with their musiclal stylings and dance riffs. There was a perfect shaded area by the pool that allowed for some great dancing.
Chevy had cars driving around all of downtown Austin for free rides to and from parties. Some lucky Kloutup party goers managed to snag a ride in one to the Klout Krib.
Hermione Way, video director of The Next Web, was raising money for the relief effort in Japan. One of the Klout employees donated money to her cause when she raffled off being thrown into the Klout Krib pool.
Stacks of free shoes, smiling geeks and crystal clear swimming pools: what more could a party ask for!
The smiling faces of Memolane were situated at the front door of the Klout Krib to take portraits of all the party goers before they settled into the festivities.
Whoa! Klout and Dos Equis is the perfect equation for any geek.
One of the leftover face masks that was used in the musicial perofromance of Audiorunner. Perfect fit for awesome electro musicians.
Filmmaker geek Melissa Pierce took a few moments to enjoy the sunshine outside by the pool at the Klout Krib.
The defining characteristic of a good party: when the crowd gets moving to great tunes. So by this notion the Klout Krib was a total success!
SXSW Interactive was a rockin’ five days of geekery, networking and parties. The kids at Klout knew how to make the whole experience memorable and relaxing with the Klout Krib.
Until next year!