The Most Influential Colleges on TwitterPosted: January 17, 2011
Watch out US News and World Report, there’s a new ranking system in town. Does your college have Klout?
In all seriousness, Twitter influence is a revealing metric for colleges.The most influential ones must be both tech-savvy enough to have a well managed Twitter account and have the most influential professors, alums, and others engaging with them.
So who tops the list? I’m proud to say my own alma mater, Stanford, is number one! Check out the top ten:
1. Stanford University tops the list
2. Syracuse University comes in second.
3. Harvard University comes in a very close third (we took the numbers out a decimal place to determine this).
4. The University of Wisconsin-Madison is just behind Harvard.
5. University of California, Berkeley comes in fifth.
6. Butler University makes sixth with the Twitter account for its official mascot.
10. University of Minnesota comes in ninth with their news account.
(11). The University of Texas at Austin is right behind UM.
(12). Marquette University, also very close, barely missing the 10th spot.
(13). Boston College
How does your school stack up? Feel free to look up their account on klout.com
UPDATE: We’ve had two updates, adding in @CAL and @TempleUniv, the list has been adjusted accordingly. Thanks!